Wednesday, October 6, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things... (about yoga)

I was thinking a yesterday about all the reasons I tell people they should practice yoga.  After sounding repetitive and boring myself, I decided to make a list of all the benefits I've experienced through my yoga practice. Below are a few of the benefits yoga has brought into my life (in no particular order): 
-    Physical fitness;
-    Flexibility;
-    Strength;
-    Awareness of my body;
-    Awareness of my breath;
-    Awareness of personal energy;
-    Joy of discovery;
-    Letting go of STRUGGLE;
-    Allowing touch and acknowledging my need for it;
-    Reading the body language of others;
-    Working through difficult emotions;
-    Taking responsibility for personal anger, fear and other destructive emotions;
-    Actively working to encourage healthy emotions like joy, happiness, and wonder;
-    Respecting self;
-    Trusting in the Universe;
-    Trusting in myself;
-    Loving myself;
-    Savoring each breath;
-    HANDSTANDS :)

Do you practice yoga?  What are a few of your favorite benefits?  If you've never tried yoga, I encourage you to give it a chance!  It has the potential to change your world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment